Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Being Brave.

Today was about being brave.

I have to be honest, there have been times over the last year where I haven't wanted to go to family events, to the store, let alone leave the house, because I am so embarrassed with the way I look.

But today, I was brave.

I went to the gym by our home to check it out and talk to them about getting a membership and some personal training.
When I pulled in the parking lot I sat in my car for at least 15 minutes trying to talk myself to going inside.
I just finally had to tell myself that it didn't matter what anyone thought, I was at the gym because I was going to do something about it.
So there.

When I went in I was introduced to the nicest lady named Tonya. She took me on a tour of the gym, answered all my questions, was patient and kind when I weighed myself, and even invited me to take a class with her tomorrow. She listened intently when I talked with her about my goals, and even helped me figure out realistic ways to accomplish them. She helped me get so excited about my goal. She was a total lifesaver.

So ya, I'm going to join a gym.

But joining is just half the battle.....

No comments:

Post a Comment