Monday, August 22, 2011

The Battle

So, ya wanna hear something interesting?
When I left the hospital I weighed exactly 300 pounds.
And up until last week I hadn't exercised, or really changed my diet.
The only thing that really changed was my addiction to Diet Coke. Before I was ill I would drink almost 70 ounces a day. But after I came home from the hospital the thought of it just made me ill so I didn't drink it at all, and really haven't since.
Well, when I went to the gym and weighed myself last week I had lost five pounds! I was so surprised because I was sure I'd gained at least ten or so pounds since I hadn't been doing anything to loose weight.
I chalk it up to not drinking soda anymore.
So I was proud of giving up my Diet Coke habit.

But now, for some reason, I CRAVE Mt.Dew.
Crave it.

It's a daily battle.

But then again so is this whole getting healthy thing.

Ugh.

2 comments:

  1. I have this problem Melissa....and I honestly don't know how to quit drinking it. So a HUGE admiration of another kind is growing! I of course have always admired you, but it is growing more and more. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so proud of you!! i need to be motivated too and your blog helps me :)

    ReplyDelete