Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Ignorance.


Sorry about the lack of posts. I've been fighting a bad cold which means I got lazy, and the pounds I lost are back. Yay.

So one evening last week Blythe broke out in an awful rash and after Benadryl and a bath, it was just getting worse so we headed to Instacare. They got us back right away and took her vitals including her weight and the also measured her height.

The doctor came in and looked her over and determined that it was an allergic reaction, and she gave us some cream and Zyrtec and told us just to watch it.

As we got ready to leave the doctor took another peak at her height and weight that the nurse and written down on the chart. She calmly said to me that she was a little concerned because Blythe's measurements fell into the "obese" category.

It was like someone sucked the air out of my lungs.

And then it really hit me. My bad habits have rubbed off on Blythe and it shows. She is overweight for her age. And she eats what I eat, which hasn't been the best. And I haven't been very active which in turns means, neither has she.

I feel so guilty.

But all I can do now is go forward.

Big changes in the Morrill home.

No comments:

Post a Comment