Monday, August 15, 2011

OK.

So, here we go.
Last June I was in the hospital because of a very nasty bacterial infection.
On the morning of my discharge from the hospital my doctor, my VERY HANDSOME doctor, sat on the bed with me and asked me a question that totally took me by surprise.

"Do you want to help your daughter pick out her prom dress?"

When I assured him that of course I did, he simply said, "Then you need to loose this weight, or you won't make it to her 16th birthday."

Ya, I was stunned. He was so straightforward. No bullshit. Honest.

And it's exactly what I needed.

I'm done with excuses. This extra person I'm carrying around is killing me, and it's time to ditch her.

So I'm going to document my journey with pictures and everything.

Speaking of pictures, I'll be posting my "before shots" and starting weight tomorrow.

Gulp.

1 comment: